YORK'S DEVELOPMENTAL READING SERIES
To receive regular e-mail notifications for our upcoming readings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Being added to this e-mail list is the fastest way to make a reservation and you will get an e-mail as soon as reservations commence for each event. Reservations generally do not become available until one week before the scheduled performance, please check back if you do not yet see the reservation link. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page for more information about our Reading Series and specific signup instructions.
There are currently no upcoming readings on our calendar, please check back shortly.
Please check in at the box office when you arrive using the name you used to make your reservation. Please arrive early, as seating is general admission and is on a first-come-first-serve basis. Late seating is NOT guaranteed and will be up to the discretion of house management. In the event that you cannot attend, please make an edit to your reservation on the reservation form or please contact the box office at (212)-935-5820 or email@example.com as a courtesy.
If the reservation list becomes full, you will no longer be able to make a reservation online. Please call the box office or visit our website to be added to the waiting list. The waiting list will be given admission in the likely event of no-shows. If there are any cancellations, we will automatically move people from the wait list to a confirmed seat. Email notice will be sent if you become confirmed, but if you do not receive a confirmation, you may still show up the day of the show to add your name to the waiting list.
A Note About Readings:
1. All readings are open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. All reservations are subject to availability.
2. Reservations generally start one week prior to each performance. We are unable to take reservations any sooner, as performance times often change.
3. Seating is general admission, please arrive early if you have any special seating concerns.
4. Late seating cannot be guaranteed under any circumstances. Even if you have a confirmed reservation, we are not always able to accommodate late seating. Please arrive early and on time!
5. If reservations become full, the respective RSVP links will be closed. We kindly ask that you do not call us to try and be added to the confirmed list. Although we would love to accommodate everyone, we cannot make exceptions. You may, however, be added to a waiting list. In the likely event of no-shows, we can generally get people in from the wait list. Wait list instructions will be posted above.
6. Each year, The York makes a home for 40 to 50 readings of new musicals through it's Developmental Reading Series. Our strong commitment to developing new work is an important part of what makes The York unique in the musical theater community. We'd like to make it possible for more writers to avail themselves of the opportunity to do a developmental reading. To do that, The York asks you to make a suggested $5 donation at the box office when you check in. This is certainly not mandatory, but your contribution will be a vote of appreciation for the series and for the important role that The York plays in making musicals come to life!
Thank you for supporting The York Theater Company and the Developmental Reading Series!